I live in Arizona which means that for the next three months, I will always win in the game of Who-Is-Having-the-Worst-Summer-Weather. Here are the ten reasons that illustrate why you should feel sorry for me.
You know you’re an Arizonan in July if . . .
1) You’re not sure whether you’re having hot flashes or whether it’s just summer.
2) A hundred degree forecast is a cold front.
3) No matter what you set your washing machine’s temperature at, it comes out hot.
4) Your car doubles as both a sauna and a sweat lodge.
5) The butter tray becomes a butter puddle-holder unless it’s kept in fridge.
6) You can’t actually fry an egg on the sidewalk, but you’ve tried.
7) You can actually burn the bottom of your feet on the sidewalk.
8) You have to blow dry your hair fast, or nature will do it for you.
9) Hot chocolate loses all appeal (almost).
10) Regular chocolate becomes hot chocolate within the time you buy it and the time you rip it open in your car.
(Funny how so many of my blogs end with chocolate. Okay, maybe not funny, just fitting . . . or not fitting if we’re talking about my skinny jeans.)